» Back to DepartmentsVeterans Service Agency
Felipe Moon, Director
Main Office: (518)884-4115
Van Transportation (After hours only): (518)742-0863
Main Office Fax: (518)884-4290
152 West High Street
Ballston Spa, N.Y. 12020
HOURS: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s veterans.
We will accomplish this by providing quality service, advocacy and counseling for the Veterans of Saratoga County Veteran and their families. In coordination with, other Saratoga county departments, non-government organizations, community based partners and affiliates will make sure our Veterans receive the right services, external assistance and benefits through outreach. The most essential portion of our charter is to ensure that our Veterans, especially those we come in contact with, are treated professionally with dignity and respect.
Lines of Effort:
1. Veterans Self Sufficiency. Develop sustainable initiatives where Veterans are able to become self sufficient through the collaborative effort of the Saratoga County Veterans Employment Task Force.
2. Veterans Justice Outreach. Develop a program in support of the VA Veterans Justice Outreach in order to provide advocacy and assistance to Veterans in lieu of incarceration or upon release.
3. Veterans Peer to Peer Support Program. Develop a cadre of veterans who understand coping with and overcoming the psychological trauma experienced during intense armed conflict. The Veteran lead program will offer will provide training and guidance by professional therapists and facilitators. The Veteran mentors are dedicated to helping their fellow veterans make the necessary adjustments back to day-to-day life.
4. Veterans Benefits Outreach initiative. Develop a program where a Veteran’s Service Officer deploys to the cities and towns of Veterans unable to travel to the VSA in order to reduce the risk of these Veterans of not receiving their deserved services and benefits.
5. Veterans Trust Fund Initiative. Plan, coordinate and execute social events in order to promote our Veterans and raise money for our Veterans Trust fund.
6. Saratoga County Veteran’s Alliance. Establish an Alliance of Veterans that are business or community leaders in order to mass our collective resources and abilities on targeted veterans issues introduced to the Alliance
The majority of the work performed by the Saratoga County Veterans Service Agency is that of assisting Veterans in filing claims against the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Veterans Disability Compensation (Service Connected)
- Veterans Disability Pension (Non-Service Connected)
- Surviving Spouse Disability Pension (Non-Service Connected)
- Health Care Eligibility
- VA Home Loan Certificate
The Saratoga County VSA provides van transportation for ambulatory Veterans in Saratoga County to the VA Medical Center and VA Homeless Outreach in Albany, and the VA Vet Center in Colonie.
- 24 Pick-Up-Points in Saratoga County
- Transportation is provided on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
The Saratoga County VSA coordinates and conducts outreach and recognition events:
- Honor our Deceased Veterans Program
- Veterans Assistance Night
- Monthly Veterans Corner in the Saratogian
- Honor Flight
- Saratoga County Veterans Trust and Agency Fund
- Saratoga County Veterans Peer to Peer Program
Please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or telephone with general questions. The Saratoga County Veterans Service Agency is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Please do NOT include:
- Social Security Numbers
- DD214's/Separation Documents/NGB22's etc.
- Mothers Maiden names
- Passport Numbers
- Drivers Lisence Numbers
- Financial Account Numbers
- Credit Card Numbers
SAVE THE DATE!!
Revolutionary Run for Veterans
November 9, 2013
» Saratoga County Veterans Float
» Saratoga County Veterans Organizations
Electronic Records Request
Find your local VA Facility
Follow us on Facebook
National Center for Veterans Analysis and Statistics