» Back to DepartmentsVeterans Service Agency
Felipe Moon, Director
Main Office: (518)884-4115
Van Transportation (After hours only): (518)742-0863
Main Office Fax: (518)884-4290
152 West High Street
Ballston Spa, N.Y. 12020
HOURS: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s veterans.
We will accomplish this by providing quality service, advocacy and counseling for the Veterans of Saratoga County Veteran and their families. In coordination with, other Saratoga county departments, non-government organizations, community based partners and affiliates will make sure our Veterans receive the right services, external assistance and benefits through outreach. The most essential portion of our charter is to ensure that our Veterans, especially those we come in contact with, are treated professionally with dignity and respect.
Lines of Effort:
1. Veterans Self Sufficiency. Develop sustainable initiatives where Veterans are able to become self sufficient through the collaborative effort of the Saratoga County Veterans Employment Task Force.
2. Veterans Justice Outreach. Develop a program in support of the VA Veterans Justice Outreach in order to provide advocacy and assistance to Veterans in lieu of incarceration or upon release.
3. Veterans Peer to Peer Support Program. Develop a cadre of veterans who understand coping with and overcoming the psychological trauma experienced during intense armed conflict. The Veteran lead program will offer will provide training and guidance by professional therapists and facilitators. The Veteran mentors are dedicated to helping their fellow veterans make the necessary adjustments back to day-to-day life.
4. Veterans Benefits Outreach initiative. Develop a program where a Veteran’s Service Officer deploys to the cities and towns of Veterans unable to travel to the VSA in order to reduce the risk of these Veterans of not receiving their deserved services and benefits.
5. Veterans Trust Fund Initiative. Plan, coordinate and execute social events in order to promote our Veterans and raise money for our Veterans Trust fund.
6. Veterans Business Council of the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce. In conjunction with the Sartoga County Veterans Service Agency, is to facilitate opportunities for our military veterans residing in Saratoga County. Efforts will be to connect them with the business community to enhance their knowledge of employment opportunities, job or entrepreneurial training, and new business development. The Council will also seek additional opportunities in support of our local Veterans.
The Saratoga County Veterans Service Agency is here to assist Veterans in filing claims against the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in the following areas:
- Veterans Disability Compensation (Service Connected)
- Veterans Disability Pension (Non-Service Connected)
- Surviving Spouse Disability Pension (Non-Service Connected)
- Health Care Eligibility
- VA Home Loan Certificate
The Saratoga County VSA provides van transportation for ambulatory Veterans in Saratoga County to the VA Medical Center, VA Homeless Outreach in Albany, and the Vet Center in Colonie on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
The Saratoga County VSA also partners with our affiliates to coordinate:
Honor our Deceased Veterans Ceremony
WWI Leatherstockings Honor Flight
Saratoga County Veterans Trust and Agency Fund
Saratoga County Veterans Peer to Peer Program
» Saratoga County Veterans Float
» Saratoga County Veterans Organizations
Electronic Records Request
Find your local VA Facility
Follow us on Facebook
National Center for Veterans Analysis and Statistics