Jenniffer McCloskey, Director
Phone: (518) 884-4170
Fax: (518) 884-4262
152 West High Street
Suite B 204
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM
Employment & Training Administration
The Employment & Training Administration (ETA) operates the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program. This is a 100% Federally funded program, with funds distributed by the New York State Department of Labor. Saratoga County works in a three-county consortium with Warren and Washington Counties to receive and allocate funds. To access funds, the County is mandated to create a Workforce Development Board and a Career Center for providing core employment services along with a variety of other optional services.
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD
- A private sector-led board that is appointed jointly by Saratoga, Warren and Washington Counties and includes a variety of other workforce related agencies. It shares responsibility with the counties for oversight of the local WIOA programs and can facilitate a broad range of workforce development issues for the local area.
- CAREER CENTER
- The Career Center provides a variety of job related informational workshops and a structured job search program which teaches individuals how to prepare for and conduct a successful job search, i.e., resumes and interviews. Provides core employment services and access to services of other partner agencies. This center is jointly operated with the New York State Department of Labor.
- CORE SERVICES
- These services are designed to assist the job seeker in finding their next job, providing workforce related information or exploring training opportunities.
- TRAINING SERVICES
- Provides limited funds for financial aid and support services to those who qualify for training-in-demand occupations (e.g. nursing, etc.), as well as on the job training (OJT) with local employers.
- BUSINESS SERVICES
- Includes accessing grants and grant information, providing training resources, access to E-learning computer programs, job fairs, referrals, access to Department of Labor services.
- YOUTH SERVICES
- This a summer and year-round work and learning program for youth to better prepare them for future work. Services for both in-school and out-of-school youth are offered.
- COMMUNITY WORK ORDER PROGRAM
- Works with local courts to place eligible offenders in supervised community service work as an alternative to incarceration.
A proud partner of the American Job Center network.
56,251 total views, 8 views today