How to Apply
To apply for employment with the County of Saratoga, follow these steps:
- Obtain a Civil Service Application for Employment or Examination. Applications are available online with a link at the bottom of each job description or at our office or online.
- Complete all sections of the application in detail, even if you elect to attach a resumé to your application form.
- Review residency requirements as listed in each job announcement.
- Be sure to include an original signature, as it is required on all applications.
- Submit your application with the appropriate filing fee in-person or by mail with a check or money order made payable to Saratoga County Treasurer. There is a non-refundable fee of $10 for non-uniformed exams and $20 for uniformed exams.
Mailing and Physical Address:
Saratoga County Department of Human Resources
40 McMaster Street
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
- If you are bringing any documentation to the Human Resources Offices at 40 McMaster Street, you may place any documents/applications in the mailbox provided or drop in the basket provided inside the Department entrance.
- You must complete a separate application for each vacancy or exam for which you are applying.
- You must complete a separate application and provide the applicable fee for the exam you wish to take.
- If you are applying for multiple exams on the same day with different Civil Service Agencies, you must complete a Cross File Application (link).
- To request a fee waiver, you must complete the Fee Waiver Request Application and Certification Form (link).
- Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not always possible to reply to each applicant. Please contact the Human Resources Civil Service Division for application and status questions at (email).
Non-Competitive positions do not require a Civil Service exam, but most positions do have minimum qualifications. You may complete and file an application for these titles within the filing time listed on the announcement. Applications submitted to the Human Resources Department are reviewed, recorded, and then forwarded to the appropriate Department Head/Appointing Authority. Interviews and selection of qualified applicants is made at the discretion of the Department Head/Appointing Authority.
Provisional Employment Opportunities
Some employment opportunities are listed as “provisional.” These positions are open for the public to apply. Candidates who are hired to fill these positions will be required to take the exam, scheduled by NYS, at a future date.
|Why Work Here?||Career Opportunities||Civil Service Test Guides|
109 total views, 1 views today