SARATOGA COUNTY – CALL FIRST!
If you believe you have been exposed or that you have symptoms of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), CALL YOUR DOCTOR. Please do not walk into your doctor’s office or to the Emergency Room and risk exposing the staff and other patients. If you arrive to Saratoga Hospital, you will be directed to a safe entry at a nearby testing location.
For all other questions, call the NYS Novel Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065 or the Saratoga County Public Health Services: Monday-Friday 8am to 4pm 518-885-2276.
The Saratoga County Office of Emergency Services has the primary responsibility for overseeing and administering the county’s emergency preparedness activities. We work with local governments, volunteer organizations and the private sector to develop disaster preparedness plans and mitigation projects, and provide training and exercise activities.
The Office of Emergency Services areas of responsibilities are comprehensive emergency management, Fire and EMS services, management of the County’s public safety radio system, NIMS compliance and database management for E-9-1-1.
The mission of the Saratoga County Office of Emergency Services is to protect life and property during disasters and emergencies through comprehensive emergency planning encompassing preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery.
Fire Training Facility and Community Event Calendar: click here
Citizen Preparedness is an important part of Saratoga County’s mission to protect life and property during disasters and emergencies. Below are several resources for citizens wishing to better prepare themselves for all types of hazards. The citizen preparedness point of contact in Saratoga County is Mike Stanley. He can be reached at 518-885-2232.
New York State Citizen Preparedness Corps
New York State is offering two hour training courses for residents to have the tools and resources to prepare for any type of disaster, respond accordingly and recover as quickly as possible to pre-disaster conditions. For more information click here.
- A key component to the training is the distribution of free NYS Disaster Preparedness Kits to each family that registers and attends in-person to only the public events listed below.
- Courses will be offered on multiple dates and locations around the state.
- Check back for updates or sign up to be notified of upcoming courses.
- Sessions last approximately two hours
American Red Cross
In partnership with New York State, the Red Cross is providing free emergency preparedness training entitled: Prepare, Respond, Recover: What to do When Disaster Strikes.
The training gives a comprehensive overview on how to prepare for natural and man-made disasters and how to respond to and recover from them. The training also provides information on types of common disasters, ways to prepare as an individual, family and community member, what to do when disaster strikes and what actions you can take afterwards to aid in your recovery.
The training is available both in-person for groups, organizations and community events; or on-line for individuals. Click here for more information.
Important Links/Files to Download
- Contact Emergency Services
- Emergency Mass Notification System Sign Up
- Radio System Access Request Form
- Radio Repair and Programming Request
- Saratoga County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Saratoga County Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Board of Supervisors Public Safety Committee
- Saratoga County Fire Coordinator’s Staff
- Hazard Safety and Preparation Tips
- Verify Your 9-1-1 Address
- Special Needs Registry
- Are You Ready?
- Prepare NY
- New York State Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- Community Emergency Response Teams
- Saratoga County Animal Response Team (CART)
New Mesonet Weather Station!
52,557 total views, 24 views today