The Saratoga County Office of Emergency Services has the primary responsibility for overseeing and administering the county’s emergency preparedness activities.
The Office of Emergency Services continually develops partnerships with emergency response and emergency support agencies from across the County. This multi-agency coordination enables the County to better provide services that protect life and property during disasters and emergencies.
The mission of the Saratoga County Office of Emergency Services is to protect life and property during disasters and emergencies through comprehensive emergency planning encompassing preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery.
The Office of Emergency Services areas of responsibilities are:
- Comprehensive Emergency Management
- Fire and EMS services including response and training
- Technical operation of the County’s public safety radio system
- NIMS Compliance
- Management and operation of county’s R 9-1-1 System
- Database management for E 9-1-1
Fire Training Facility and Community Event Calendar: click here
Citizen Preparedness is an important part of Saratoga County’s mission to protect life and property during disasters and emergencies. Below are several resources for citizens wishing to better prepare themselves for all types of hazards. The citizen preparedness point of contact in Saratoga County is Mike Stanley. He can be reached at 518-885-2232.
New York State Citizen Preparedness Corps
New York State is offering two hour training courses for residents to have the tools and resources to prepare for any type of disaster, respond accordingly and recover as quickly as possible to pre-disaster conditions. For more information click here.
- A key component to the training is the distribution of free NYS Disaster Preparedness Kits to each family that registers and attends in-person to only the public events listed below.
- Courses will be offered on multiple dates and locations around the state.
- Check back for updates or sign up to be notified of upcoming courses.
- Sessions last approximately two hours
American Red Cross
In partnership with New York State, the Red Cross is providing free emergency preparedness training entitled: Prepare, Respond, Recover: What to do When Disaster Strikes.
The training gives a comprehensive overview on how to prepare for natural and man-made disasters and how to respond to and recover from them. The training also provides information on types of common disasters, ways to prepare as an individual, family and community member, what to do when disaster strikes and what actions you can take afterwards to aid in your recovery.
The training is available both in-person for groups, organizations and community events; or on-line for individuals. Click here for more information.
Important Links/Files to Download
- Contact Emergency Services
- Emergency Mass Notification System Sign Up
- Radio System Access Request Form
- Radio Repair and Programming Request
- Saratoga County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Saratoga County Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Board of Supervisors Public Safety Committee
- Saratoga County Fire Coordinator’s Staff
- Hazard Safety and Preparation Tips
- Verify Your 9-1-1 Address
- Special Needs Registry
- Are You Ready?
- Prepare NY
- New York State Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- Community Emergency Response Teams
New Mesonet Weather Station!
35,697 total views, 7 views today