Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE)
EDUCATION & HEALTH SERVICES FOR PRESCHOOL CHILDREN WITH IDENTIFIED DISABILITIES
Special Education Services
Saratoga County Public Health Servicers continues the responsibilities for the organization, coordination, and payment of Special Education and transportation services for preschool children with identified disabilities throughout Saratoga County.
Saratoga County Public Health Services works with fourteen CPSE (Committee on Preschool Special Education) chairpersons, in school districts with children living in Saratoga County. Section 4410 of the New York State Education Law covers qualified children if they become three years of age on or before December 1st of the calendar year.
Approximately 1300 children are enrolled in this program yearly. Children participate in center-based programs at approved preschools, as well as itinerant services including speech, occupational, and physical therapies. Saratoga County Public Health Services works in conjunction with schools districts who are responsible for coordinating these services with providers, parents, and the State Education Department.
Saratoga County initially pays for 100% of the services, and then the State Education Department reimburses 59.5% of the costs to the county, leaving the county’s share as 40.5% of the expenses. Saratoga County Public Health Services processes all providers’ vouchers for services and prepares claims for reimbursement from State Education. Saratoga County is also charged 10% of the cost of special education services to school age children needing services during the summer.
For preschool children who are Medicaid recipients, the county is able to bill for evaluations, speech, occupational and physical therapies, counseling and nursing services, and transportation. Medicaid reimbursement for services is for the Federal share of funds only. From that payment, the State Education Department charges the county for 59.5% of the Federal Medicaid money received. Saratoga County utilizes the McGuiness Software Program, which has allowed us to streamline our billing process and reduces our volume of paperwork.
- Saratoga County Council on Autism
- NYS Special Education
- Disability Services
- NYS Parent Guide
- School Districts in Saratoga County
- Local Libraries
- AIM Services, Inc.
- Special Services
508 total views, 1 views today