*The DWI Victim Impact panels start promptly at 7:00 pm and last approximately 2 hours.
* The Victim Impact Panel (VIP) is a volunteer group of DWI victims, surviving family members, and former offenders who speak to audiences about the life altering consequences of drunken driving.
* Panelists convey a variety of perspective:
* DWI Survivors tell of the grief and painful changes they endure as the result of losing a family member or friend in a DWI crash.
* DWI Victims describe the injuries they suffered, and continue to endure, from a DWI crash.
* Offenders tell of the life they lost, incarceration, and the shame at having done such a terrible thing to the victims.
VIP Presentations are made to all types of groups including:
* General audiences
* High school students
* In some areas judges order DWI offenders to attend a VIP in order to emphasize the possible consequences of DWI.
**Saratoga County collects a $25 fee (in money order form ONLY) from court ordered attendees**
5,273 total views, 1 views today