Appointment required for all in person transactions. All forms must be downloaded and completed prior to your visit. Registration Renewals may be processed via drop box. Please see below for more information.
Please Note: The New York State Governor has extended the validity of registrations that expired during the COVID-19 pandemic statewide shutdown. Please visit the NYS DMV Reopening Guidance page for more information about the extension of expired documents.
You can make an appointment for a duplicate title in one of our offices. For any other title transactions, including mobile homes, you must contact New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Title Bureau at 1-518-486-4714. For more information about titles, visit the NYS DMV website.
First Time Registering
To register your vehicle (car, truck, SUV or motorcycle) please bring the following:
- Proof of Ownership
- Proof of Identity and Date of Birth
- Odometer and Damage Disclosure Statements (if previously owned)
- NYS Insurance Identification Card
- Completed Form MV-82
- Proof of Sales Tax Payment, Sales Tax Exemption or Purchase Price or Complete Form DTF-802.
All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Registration:
Any ATV driven anywhere in New York State, even solely on private property, must be registered (except use for agricultural purposes or not-for-hire snowplowing). They may be operated on public lands posted for ATV use and private property ONLY with the landowner’s permission. Please complete form MV-82 and form DTF-802.
All boats that are powered by a motor and are operated on public waterways must be registered. This also includes boats in which the motor is not the primary means of propulsion. Please complete form MV-82-B (instead of MV-82) and form DTF-802.
In general, the procedures to register and title a light-duty trailer are the same as to register and title a vehicle. However, there are some differences:
- insurance is not required for non-commercial trailers
- there are special requirements to register a custom or homemade trailer (see NYS DMV website for more information)
- there are machines and other devices that are similar to trailers or that look like trailers that don’t need to be registered (see Trailer-type Vehicles Not Requiring Registration on NYS DMV website (MV-274)
Each snowmobile must be registered UNLESS it is exclusively used on the owner’s private property or on such property that the snowmobile’s owner has a contractual right to use. Please complete form MV-82SN (instead of MV-82) and form DTF-802.
You can renew your registration by appointment or by drop box at a Saratoga County DMV office.
- Registrations should be renewed on or before the expiration date.
- Renewing early will not change the new expiration date on your new registration.
- A registration cannot be renewed if it is suspended or revoked, has been expired for more than one year, or if vehicle has not been inspected within the past 12 months.
- To renew a registration you will need your completed registration renewal application (if you do not have this notice, you may fill out form MV-82) and payment.
Drop Box Services
Drop boxes are available for Registration Renewals ONLY. Drop boxes are located at the Ballston Spa and Clifton Park locations at any time and at the Wilton location during the mall’s business hours. Please allow up to seven business days for transactions received by drop box to be processed.
Instructions for using a Drop Box:
- Sign the “Certification” on the back of your registration renewal application.
- Enclose a check or money order payable to Saratoga County Clerk. DO NOT ENCLOSE CASH.
- Write your license plate number on the face of the check or money order.
- Sign the check or money order.
- DO NOT fold the application, check or money order or use staples, tape or paper clips.
- Place the renewal application and check or money order in an envelope and place in a drop box at a Saratoga County DMV location of your choice.
We will mail your completed registration to the address on the renewal application.
When you Renew Here at Saratoga County DMV, your hard-earned money stays local working for you!
Make an appointment – click here!
26,602 total views, 7 views today