The Saratoga County Clerk’s Office is a Full Service Passport Agent for the U.S. Department of State. We process new applications for Passport Books or Cards for our customers, and take Passport photos ($10.00) for your convenience. Applicants will need to complete the passport form DS-11, proof of U.S. Citizenship- most commonly a previously issued passport book/card or a birth certificate (must have raised seal and list both parents), and proof of identity (e.g. license, passport book/card). Please provide a check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State. The application process in total takes an average of 4-6 weeks. If you need your passport sooner, you may choose to have it expedited for an additional fee of $60.00. This would decrease the wait time down to 2-3 weeks.
For NEW Passport applicants, please view our checklist to help you through the process.
- You or an accompanying parent or guardian must show valid identification
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship
- It is recommended that the applicant appear with a parent or legal guardian, although not required, to prevent any potential delays in the process. In some instances, the Passport Agency may request a notarized letter of consent if parental awareness is not indicated.
- Please note a valid Social Security Number is needed on the application
- Must appear with BOTH parents or the child’s legal guardian.
- Provide evidence that they are the parent or legal guardian.
- Present valid identification
- Sign and take an oath before an authorized passport acceptance agent.
- In a circumstance where the second parent is not available to sign, the accompanying parent must either present a certified copy of documentation that he/she has sole custody of the child, OR present a completed “Statement of Consent” (form DS-3053) that has been notarized in addition to a photo copy of the front and back of the non-applying parents ID.
- Applicant will need Proof of U.S. Citizenship AND for the parent to produce photo identification validating that the last names are identical (if last name on Parent’s I.D. differs from applicants, additional documentation may be required). If you are a legal guardian, you must bring certified copies of guardianship papers.
For emergency travel or in the case of a life or death situation, you may call 1-877-487-2778 (available 24/7) and set up an appointment with one of the nearest Passport Issuing Agencies. The closest locations to Saratoga County include:
- Stamford, CT (approx. 183 miles, 2 hr 54 min)
- St. Albans, VT (approx. 151 miles, 3 hr 10 min)
- Boston, MA (approx. 198 miles, 3 hr 14 min)
- New York, NY (approx. 180 miles, 3 hr 28 min)
- Portsmouth, NH (approx. 246 miles, 4 hr)
Some countries require you to have at least two to four blank pages. In some cases, airlines may not allow you to board if this condition is not met. Applicants who need additional pages in their current passport book must obtain a new passport by mail.
For all other questions or concerns, please visit travel.state.gov
2,983 total views, 16 views today