Richard B. Lucia, Supervisor
Rose E. Farr, Town Clerk
Arthur Eggleston, Historian
Rachael Clothier
Town of Corinth – The World War II Roll of Honor stood on Schoolhouse Hill on Palmer Avenue. The roll was removed many years ago, stored for some time in the EMBA Building and later disposed of.
Town of Corinth – Main Street looking north about 1900. Currently Jack’s Restaurant is located in the building at the right.
Town of Corinth – International Paper Company, Corinth, NY
Town of Corinth – Clarence Flora was the first Corinthian to own an airplane. His plane, a Waco biplane, was purchased in 1928. He flew an airmail flight to Albany in 1938 as a promotional event for the postal service. Ralph “Pop” Pease, Waco the dog, and Clarence Flora are pictured here in front of the biplane.
Town of Corinth – The Big Tree Hotel, later called Mountain View Inn, in South Corinth off 9N was first owned by Frederick Parkman, who arrived with the first settlers in the 1790’s. In the early 19th century it was a busy stagecoach stop on the Old Plank Road from Saratoga through South Corinth on to Corinth and Hadley.
Town of Corinth – Mayor Victor A. Parmenter throwing out the first baseball of the season is pictured about 1950. The photo was taken behind the Main Street School shown at the left.

3,719 total views, 2 views today