Arthur J. Johnson, Supervisor
Carol Maynard, Town Clerk
Jeannine Woutersz, Historian
Town of Wilton – Wilton was a farming community in the early days. This farm on Old Gick Road was owned by Bartlett Grippen 1868-1900, William Perry 1900-1948, and Frank Perry for several years. All three men were Town Supervisors.
Town of Wilton – Charles C. VanRensselaer stands at the counter of his General Store and Post Office, which he opened in 1893. He served Wilton as a storeowner, teacher, postmaster and Town Supervisor.
Town of Wilton – The Gurn Spring Methodist Episcopal Church was built in 1885 at Emerson’s Corners. The church was sold when the congregation moved to the Trinity Methodist Church. The Good News Worship Center now use the church.
Town of Wilton – The Wilton Hotel has been a landmark since the mid 1800’s. Mike Ryan operated the hotel for 30 years until his death in 1939. Many owners followed, but the property is best remembered as the Stage Coach.
Town of Wilton – 1929 Photo taken from upper porch over VanRensselaer’s Store looking west. This was a main intersection on highway leading from Saratoga to Glens Falls.
Town of Wilton – This group of school children at the old Wilton Dist. #1 School on Waller Road had collected milkweed pods, which can be seen in the mesh bags. These were used in the war effort (World War II) to fill life preservers. Photo dates back to about 1944. Collection of Donald Jones.

3,850 total views, 2 views today