Find & Assist Veterans Of Record

Find & Assist Veterans Of Record (F.A.V.O.R.) is a merchant discount program for eligible veterans living in Saratoga County. The program provides discounts to veterans on goods and services from participating merchants and provides merchants a way to return the F.A.V.O.R. to area veterans and offer gratitude for their service to our country. Together, through the Saratoga County
F.A.V.O.R. Program, we are serving our veterans at home.

The F.A.V.O.R. Program is proudly sponsored by the Saratoga County Clerk’s Office, Saratoga County Board of Supervisors, and the Saratoga County Veteran’s Service Agency.

Veterans or their widows, widowers or Gold Star Parents who live in Saratoga County and who file their original DD2-14 (honorable discharge papers) with the Saratoga County Clerk’s Office.


When you file your original DD-214 with the Saratoga County Clerk’s Office, your original document is protected forever and you will always know where your document is located. You or an immediate family member are the only people who can access this sealed record and may request a free certified copy of the DD-214 at any time. A certified copy can be used in the same manner as an original document.  In return, you receive a discount card that is accepted at more than 300 local businesses. The card never expires. You also become eligible for a number of benefits offered through the Saratoga County Veterans Services Agency, including federal benefits filing assistance, transition assistance, housing assistance, military records and medals request assistance, referrals and more.

If you don’t have your original DD-214, please call the Saratoga County Veterans Services Agency for assistance at (518) 884-4115.

Bring your original DD-214 to the Saratoga County Clerk’s Office, Monday through Friday between 8A.M. and 4:15P.M. We will scan and file the document for free. You keep the original document.

  1. File your original DD-214 with the Saratoga County Clerk’s Office in person. Widows, widowers and Gold Star Parents must also present the Veteran’s death certificate.
  2. Present your government-issued photo ID.
  3. Fill out the F.A.V.O.R. application.
  4. Have your photo taken.
  5. Receive your F.A.V.O.R. discount card the same day you apply.

Campaign Medals & Purple Heart Distinctions

Campaign medals and Purple Heart distinctions can be depicted on F.A.V.O.R. cards. You can view the full list of campaign medals being offered at this time. If you wish to update your card, please visit our office during our regular business hours!

It is free to join the Saratoga County F.A.V.O.R. Program. By participating, you become a part of a diverse community of business owners and managers who honor thousands of Saratoga County Veterans every day with discounts on goods and services.

Benefits of Participating:

  • You choose the discount you provide
  • Free publicity in F.A.V.O.R. publications, webpage, and social media
  • Free F.A.V.O.R. window marketing for your business
  • Garner positive publicity in the Veterans community, inspiring Veterans to frequent your establishment and to spread the word to other Veterans that you are thankful for their service.

Merchant applications are available at the Saratoga County Clerk’s Office, online, or use our convenient online merchant application.

Download our merchant application and return to us by mail, fax, email or in person – or complete our convenient online merchant application to get your business enrolled.

Over time, it is common for businesses to relocate, change contact information, or want to update the discount offered for our program. Should any of these or similar changes occur within a business, we ask that a Change Form is filled out and submitted or returned to our office so we may promptly make adjustments. Thank you!

The Standard Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records (SF180) is used to request information from military records.

How do I know if my original DD-214 is already on file with the County Clerk’s Office?
To find out if you previously filed your original DD-214 discharge papers with our office, you may contact us during regular business hours at (518) 885-2213.

I cannot locate my original DD-214 document. Am I still able to join?
Yes, but you need your original and the Saratoga County Veterans Service Agency can assist you with applying for the original. Please call (518) 884-4115.

Once I file my DD-214, what do I need to get my F.A.V.O.R. card?
A driver’s license or government issued photo ID.

Can my spouse get a F.A.V.O.R. card if I am the veteran?
We only issue cards to veterans or their widows.

I’m a widow and my spouse was a veteran, can I get a card?
Absolutely, you will need the following documents: death certificate, DD-214 (unless already filed) and a driver’s license.

Does my card expire?
No, our F.A.V.O.R. card comes with no expiration date.

If I lose my card, is there a cost for replacement?
No. Bring in a photo ID to receive a replacement card at NO cost to you.


Contact Us
General Inquiries: – Email
Craig A. Hayner, County Clerk – Email
Charles A. Foehser II, Deputy County Clerk – Email
Shauna M. Sutton, Deputy County Clerk – Email

40 McMaster Street Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Phone: (518) 885-2213
FAX: (518) 884-4726
Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Upcoming Events