Please print the affidavit/application form here:
CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCY FORM revised 6/17
Saratoga County Treasurer Certificate of Residency Mail-In Application Procedure during CoVid-19 Coronavirus social distancing period.
Due to limited office hours and being closed to general public, except by appointment only for essential services, the Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office will accept Certificate of Residency affidavit/applications for New York State Community College students BY MAIL or BY DROPBOX for the following qualified students ONLY:
- Student is currently and has been a New York State and Saratoga County resident for past 12 months with no moves or changes of address (even within the county) during that time.
- U.S. Citizen
Students who have changed addresses within the past 12 months, or non-U.S. Citizens, must make an appointment to come in to the Saratoga County Treasurer Office on a Thursday during the essential-services-only period to provide additional proofs of residency.
Affidavit/Application will need to be completely filled out and student’s signature MUST BE NOTARIZED
NOTE: U.S. Post Offices, UPS Stores, and most banks usually have a notary public on staff. Calling them ahead of time to make sure a notary public is available is a good idea.
The completed, signed, and notarized affidavit/application and photocopies or printed pictures of the required proofs of address are to either be mailed to
Saratoga County Treasurer
c/o Cert. of Res. Processing
40 McMaster Street, Building 1
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Or can be deposited in the Treasurer’s Dropbox located to the immediate left of the main door of our offices located at the address above.
Applications mailed via U.S. Postal Service will be considered received by us as of the date of the official U.S.P.S. postmark. Applications deposited in the dropbox will be considered received when they are retrieved from the dropbox by staff on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the limited-hours period.
Elements of Acceptable Proof
- At a minimum, two proofs of address are required: One must be 12-18 months old and one less than 30 days old.
- Each document submitted as proof of address must:
- Include a printed date
- include the printed name of the student
- Include the physical street address of the student (post office box address will not suffice unless a physical address is also indicated.)
- No claim of residency will be accepted solely on the student’s testimony or that of the student’s parents, relatives, friends or other individuals.
- The requirements of valid proof of address will not be compromised due to lack of time to obtain acceptable proof. The sooner you mail in your application and proofs, the better.
Examples of Acceptable Proof
All documents submitted as proof of address must include the student’s name and physical address and be dated accordingly.
- College correspondence including bills or schedule of classes
- Bank statements
- Utility bills
- Medical records including prescriptions
- Report cards with an issue date of 1-year old, or within 30 days
- Dated mail or postmarked envelopes
- Income tax return with preprinted label or W2’s
- Formal lease
- Driver’s license, car registration and/or insurance card may be used when the issue date reflected is 1 year old, or within 30 days of application.
If all requirements are met, Treasurer staff will process the valid application and issue the Certificate of Residency which will be mailed to the student’s place of residence as provided on the application.
MAILED-IN CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCY AFFIDAVIT/APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT TOWN OFFICES. Assuming town offices are open, Students may be able to go in person to their Town Clerk Offices (except Milton) before classes have started for the semester. After classes start, students must go to Saratoga County Treasurer’s office in person by scheduling an appointment.
Please call (518) 884-4724 or submit the form below with questions about your Certificate of Residence for Community Colleges.
40,906 total views, 7 views today