Office of the Saratoga County Treasurer
Saratoga County Municipal Complex
40 McMaster Street, Bldg #1
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Entrance off of Remsen Street parking lot Driving Directions
Phone: (518) 884-4724
FAX: (518) 884-4775
M-F 9AM to 5PM
Drew Jarosh, Treasurer – Email
Cindy Baker, Deputy Treasurer of Property Taxes
D’Arcy Plummer, Deputy Treasurer of Accounting
The Saratoga County Treasurer’s office receives, and is the custodian of, all money belonging to the County or in which the County has an interest. The office also maintains a true account of all receipts and expenditures for the County. This summary outlines the details of this work and the specific services provided by the office.
For more information about any of the services described below, or if you have any questions or concerns, you are welcomed and encouraged to call the Treasurer’s Office at (518) 884-4724.
The goal of the Saratoga County Treasurer’s Office is to provide service and information to the general public, outside agencies, the County Administrator and other County departments.
Tax Services for the Public:
- Payment of Village and School Taxes prior to relevy
- Certified tax verifications and tax searches
- Same-day Service for various tax requests including outstanding taxes owed
- Send out courtesy notices to delinquent tax-payers
Specialized Tax Services for Abstractors:
- Ability to view delinquent taxes and print tax statements
- Access to the IQS System allowing for an actual visual of tax rolls from 2004 to the present.
Other Services for the Public:
- Certificates of Residency for Saratoga County Residents attending Community Colleges in New York. This certificate allows students to pay college tuition at the resident rate, rather than the out-of-state rate, which is generally three times as much.
As a part of Saratoga County’s Fiscal Management Team, the Treasurer’s office plays a key role in ensuring that the public’s tax dollars are monitored and used with the greatest of care. The office fulfills this role through responsible cash management, maintaining the funds collected by County departments and reporting the pertinent information to the County Board of Supervisors and the County Administrator.
Cash Management :
- Investing County funds received from agencies such as the Sewer District and Maplewood Manor
Maintaining the County’s 25 bank accounts with activities such as:
- Daily Cash Transfers, stop-payments and account balance confirmation
- Check register management
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Process payments to the County’s vendors, including daily Disbursement vendor payments.
- Review and record collateral adjustments held by 3rd party banks
- Acceptance of retiree monthly health insurance payments
- Administration of County payroll
- Collection of court imposed fines, surcharges and bail
- Provides real property tax information to County taxpayers, local governments, banks and attorneys
- Addresses general financial issues affecting the county
- Develops and issues the County’s annual financial statements
- Oversees the issuance and payment of the county debt
- Collection and regulation of the County’s occupancy tax
- Serves as legal custodian of court and trust funds
- Serves as trustee for cemetery lots
- Serves as administrator for estates of County residents when called upon by Surrogates Court
Additional Information/Files to Download
46,197 total views, 0 views today