Real Property Tax ServiceKilakwa2022-09-12T08:08:48-04:00
Our goal is to administer the Real Property Tax Law by providing technical and professional services to local municipalities, school districts, property owners, and other county departments. We serve as a liaison between NYS Office of Real Property Tax Services and local municipalities on Real Property Tax Administration.
Saratoga County is comprised of 19 towns, 2 cities, and 9 villages. This office performs many functions and duties which include, but are not limited to:
• Print assessment rolls, tax rolls and tax bills for local municipalities.
• Process applications for corrections of errors on town, county, school and village tax rolls.
• Prepare and maintain tax maps. Copies are provided to municipalities annually.
• Review and process all recorded deeds, survey and subdivision maps. Provide assessors with all pertinent information to update assessment rolls.
• Assist in the training of Assessors.
• Provide training and administrative support to Boards of Assessment Review (BAR) members.
• Assist other county agencies in tax foreclosure proceedings.
• Provide assistance and information to the public regarding Real Property Tax matters.
Maps to be filed can be brought into the office or placed in the drop box just inside of the office door. Please include your contact information (name, address and phone number) with your map. A blank check payable to the Saratoga County Treasurer can be left with the map. Office staff will contact you with the amount of the check.
Questions regarding delinquent or past due taxes should be directed to the Saratoga County Treasurer’s office 518.884.4724
For Assessment, Exemption, and Tax Information contact your local municipality.