Registering to Vote
To register to vote for the first time, or to make any changes to your voter record, including your party affiliation, complete and submit a voter registration form. Forms must either be dropped off in-person or mailed to: Saratoga County Board of Elections, 50 W. High St, Ballston Spa, NY 12020

Party changes
All party changes submitted on or before February 14th of each year will take effect immediately. Party changes submitted after February 14th will not take effect until one week after the Primary Election.

Address changes
To change your address, fill out and mail a voter registration form to your County Board of Elections. Your new address will go in box 8.

Name changes
To change your name, fill out and mail a voter registration form to your County Board of Elections. Your new name will go in box 3 and be sure that your signature reflects your name change.

Absentee Voting
•Please note that election mail does not get forwarded. Be sure to provide your direct mailing address for your absentee ballot or it will be returned back to the BOE.

•A prepaid postage return envelope is provided to all absentee voters.

•In order to check on the status of your absentee ballot, you must call the BOE and ask.

Click here to apply online through the New York State Absentee Web Portal

Click here for an absentee ballot application.

Click here for an absentee ballot application for military and overseas voters.

•If you are a voter with special needs, you may apply for an Accessible Electronic Absentee Ballot: Click here for an Accessible Electronic Absentee Ballot Application.

Voters using the accessible absentee ballot system in need of printing services in order to print their ballot can access such services at certain public printing resources, including but not limited to, libraries, print stores, shipping stores, and office supply stores. Voters should contact their local printing resources for details on the printing services offered. Voters using the accessible absentee ballot system can also print their absentee ballots at the County Board office.

In-person voting using an accessible Ballot Marking Device (“BMD”) during early voting or on Election Day is still available to voters with a disability who do not want to vote by absentee ballot using the accessible absentee ballot system.

•Civilian absentee ballot applications are only valid for 1 year. Unless permanently ill or disabled, absentee voters must submit an absentee ballot application each year.

•Voters who have been issued an absentee ballot are not permitted to vote on the voting machines, but may be issued an affidavit ballot.

Overseas and Military Absentee Voters
The Federal Post Card Application is for US citizens living overseas, active military members, and the spouses of active military members who wish to vote by absentee ballot. This application is valid for 4 years or 2 federal elections. If you move during that period, submit another application indicating your new address so we can be sure that you receive your ballot. You may email the application to , but we must also receive the original form in the mail.