How to Apply
To apply for employment and/or exam opportunities with the County of Saratoga, follow these steps:
- You may click on the application link provided for each employment/exam opportunity. Applications are also available to download online. Hardcopy applications are available in the Human Resources Office.
- Be sure to complete all sections of the application in detail, even if you elect to attach a resumé to your application form.
- Review residency requirements, if any, as listed in each exam announcement and/or employment opportunity.
- Be sure to include your digital signature if filing online, or your actual signature if you are filing in person or by mail.
- Submit your online application once complete. If applying for an examination online, you must provide the appropriate filing fee or complete the Application for Waiver. If applying in person or by mail, please provide a check or money order payble to: Saratoga County Treasurer. There is a non-refundable fee of $10 for non-uniformed exams and $20 for uniformed exams.
Mailing and Physical Address:
Saratoga County Department of Human Resources
40 McMaster Street
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
- If you are bringing any documentation to the Human Resources Offices at 40 McMaster Street, you may place any documents/applications in the mailbox provided or drop in the basket provided inside the Department entrance.
- You must complete a separate application for each vacancy or exam for which you are applying.
- You must complete a separate application and provide the applicable fee for the exam you wish to take.
- If you are applying for multiple exams on the same day with different Civil Service Agencies, you must complete a Cross File Application.
- To request a fee waiver, you must complete the Fee Waiver Request Application and Certification Form.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not always possible to reply to each applicant. Please contact the Human Resources Civil Service Division for application and status questions at (email).
Non-Competitive positions do not require a Civil Service exam, but most positions do have minimum qualifications. You may complete and file an application for these titles within the filing time listed on the announcement. Applications submitted to the Human Resources Department are reviewed, recorded, and then forwarded to the appropriate Department Head/Appointing Authority. Interviews and selection of qualified applicants is made at the discretion of the Department Head/Appointing Authority.
Provisional Employment Opportunities
Some employment opportunities are listed as “provisional.” These positions are open for the public to apply. Candidates who are hired to fill these positions will be required to take the exam, scheduled by NYS, at a future date.