Saratoga County’s social media sites are used to communicate information to the public about Saratoga County government activities. Saratoga County social media sites serve as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring.
Postings and comments to Saratoga County social media sites shall not contain any of the following:
- Comments that are not topically related to the particular posting being commented upon;
- Comments in support of, or opposition to, political campaigns, candidates or ballot measures;
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
- Defamatory statements; or
- Threats of violence or injury to any person, property, or organization.
Saratoga County social media page administrator(s) reserve the right to reject or remove submissions or comments that violate this policy.