Town of Malta – Dunning Street Corners, 1912. This intersection was also known as Malta Corners. Looking West from the Parade Ground Village, on the right is Roger’s Store and the Post Office and Roger’s Hotel is on the left. This is the present site of the Malta Diner.
Town of Malta – Stone Crushers at work. Building Rte. 9 at Malta Ridge. This picture was taken around 1911.
Town of Malta – Former cottages near the current Cliff House Restaurant at the Saratoga Lake, early 1900’s. This picture was taken from a postcard.
Town of Malta – The Royal Roost Home Cooking & Tourist at the junction of Routes 9 & 9P, taken in 1949. For many years it was known as Reds Restaurant and is now known as the Ripe Tomato.
Town of Malta – Town of Malta Highway Dept. 1934-1935. Taken at the George Corp Farm on Maltaville Rd. Pictured from L to R Eugene Clark, Sr., Irving Brown, Lester VanHorn, (unknown), Bill Stairs & Rex Knapp.
Round Lake Boathouse Building in 1926 along Route 9, was the site of Lavery’s Seaplane Service from 1938-1954. During WWII the Army Air Corp accepted over 2,000 pilots trained at Lavery’s Flight School.