Village of Victory – The Victory Mill began operating as a cotton mill in 1846. In 1928 it was closed and moved to Alabama. Later it re-opened and operated under several different ownerships producing paper products and performing graphic printing.
Village of Victory – The Civil War Soldier’s Monument located in Prospect Hill cemetery was dedicated in an elaborate ceremony on October 17, 1904. Hundreds of citizens from the area participated in the ceremony.
Village of Victory – The four-room brick school located on Pine Street was built in 1872. It was known as Schoolhouse #4 until it became a part of the Schuylerville Central School System in the late 1940’s. The school was closed in June 1955.
Village of Victory – The David Nevins Fire Department was originally established in 1896 and reorganized in the late 1940s. Department members posed with one of their fire trucks in this c. 1950 photograph.
Village of Victory – The Saratoga Monument commemorates the surrender of General Burgoyne’s Army at the close of one of the 15 most decisive battles in the world. The corner stone was laid on October 17th 1877, it was completed in June 1883 and stands 154 feet high.
Village of Victory – The Community House in Victory Mills was owned by the mill and provided a location for numerous social activities and services for residents of the village. The mill was noted for taking good care of its employees.