Non-Driver ID Card

A person of any age with lawful status in the US can get a non-driver ID card.

First Time Applicant, Bring with You:

  • Completed Form MV-44
  • Proof of Name
  • Proof of Date of Birth
  • Social Security Card

If you are getting a REAL ID or Enhanced Non-Driver Identification Document, you must provide additional proofs of identification and residency as required for those documents. Please see REAL ID or EDL above.

If you already have a current license or permit, you will need to present your license/permit, complete form MV-44 and bring proof of lawful status as well as proof of name change (if applicable).

If you are not yet 16 years old, your parent or guardian will need to complete the consent section on page 2 of form MV-44.

A temporary non-photo document will be given to you until you receive your photo ID card in the mail (approximately 2 weeks).

Documents and fees mirror that of a first time applicant.

For more information about non-driver identification cards, please visit the NYS DMV website.